Our Christmas Travel Quiz is always extremely popular and this year was no exception, with over 600 entries. The winners have now been selected by our judges and below is a list of the lucky winners who will each receive a bottle of bubbly in the post.
1. Miss Maria Allan
2. Mr Will Gibb
3. Mrs Elizabeth O’Beirne
4. Dr Eleanor Wasley
5. Mr David Talbot
Check your travel knowledge against the answers below (answers in bold):
1. In which country might you be greeted ‘Geseënde Kersfees’ at Christmas
2. Where in India’s western Himalaya region would you find the Golden Temple?
3. What is the name of the earthen houses lived in by the Hakka people in the Fujian province of Southern China?
4. What is the name of this Cambodian temple?
5. Which penguin species will you not find in Antarctica?
6. In which country is Lethok Son a traditional dish?
7. How many metres above sea level does the Inca site of Machu Picchu sit?
8. What type of trees are decorated in India at Christmas?
Apple or Pear
Lemon or Lime
Banana or Mango
9. What is the name of the species of lemur in this image?
Red ruffed lemur
10. What is the name of Australasia’s highest mountain?
11. Which harbour in Hong Kong is host to the New Year’s Eve countdown and firework display?
12. In which Canadian city will you find Basilique Notre-Dame and Parc du Mont-Royal?
If you would like to sign up to our newsletters visit the homepage of our website.